|Setting up a Developer Machine|
As development environment we recommend that you use Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
If you are developing against a version of the which is distributed
with one of SDL's publicly released applications (i.e. SDL Trados Studio 2017),
then all required assemblies and files should be available alongside the application.
Make sure that you have the latest release of SDL Trados Studio 2017 installed, which is as the time of writing
SDL Trados Studio 2017.
If your implementations need to connect to a TM Server system, then make sure that the TM Server also
runs the latest version.
Your development machine also requires installation of the SDL SDK
on your machine by running the corresponding SDK_Installer.msi.
Note that after installation
of the SDL SDK the New Project
dialog box of Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 will feature
additional SDL Plug-in Project templates, which are required for developing
global verifier and translation provider plug-ins.
As build output path for your implementations please choose the installation folder of SDL Trados Studio 2017,
e.g. C:\Program Files\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio5.
System requirements for running SDL Trados Studio 2017:
The minimum specification to run SDL Trados Studio 2017 is a PC with a Pentium IV or
higher compatible processor and 1 GB RAM. SDL recommends a recent Intel Core 2 processor or equivalent and 2 GB RAM.
- A mouse or similar pointing device is required.
- A minimum of 2 GB of hard disk space should be available.
- SDL Trados Studio 2017 runs with Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit and Windows 8 32-bit/64-bit.
Earlier operating system generations such as Windows 2000, Windows NT and Windows 98 are not supported.
- SDL Trados Studio 2017 requires the Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0
System requirements for running SDL GroupShare (SDL TM Server, SDL Multiterm, SDL Project Server):
- Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2008 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Single CPU and multi-CPU computers are supported.
- We recommend a recent mid-range server with an Intel Xeon CPU and 4 GB of RAM.
- The database server should have SCSI hard disks with 100 GB or more storage space in a RAID
- To administer TM Server, or to provide web services from the SDL Server, you need Microsoft IIS.
See Also Comments